Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Creativity Windows

"Creativity is a lot like looking at the world through a kaleidoscope..."  
~Rosabeth Kanter
ATC's - 2011  "Nature Sings" edition         eakf



The idea of looking through; into or out of something  has always intrigued me. Physically~ windows or portals provide us these opportunities while also allowing light to pass through. Metaphorically, it is a quick step to the ideas of illumination and visualization as linked with creativity and all those times of inspiration, serendipity and "ah ha's". 
I welcome all opportunities to explore both new windows of creativity as well as revisiting those views familiar to me.
Recently I attended a demo & hands on session about ATC's ( Artist Trading Cards). This was not a new window for me as I first tried my hand at ATC's in 2007 during my 12 week study of The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. Was fun to again play with creativity in that form.
ATC's are essentially miniature Art works with the only guidelines being a standard size of  2.5 X 3.5 in. and that they are produced for personal enjoyment or "trading" with fellow artists only. Otherwise it is a wide open window. My personal preference is to work in a series and produce editions (usually sets of 12). The set featured above is from my dragonfly power series, which is nature inspired. I am also working on an edition from my coffeehouse series, which is a look at Human Nature.
Why don't you give it a try and then let me know if you wish to trade :) For sure, I encourage you to take advantage of all "Windows" in your life as to not miss any "Views" !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment