Monday, December 31, 2012

Wrapping up 2012

Wrapping up 2012                collage  eakf
Retrospective - (from the latin retrospectare "look back")

It is New Years Eve 2012 and as I sip a nutmeg laced eggnog I welcome the time to practice looking back to move forward with this retrospective ritual.
Holding a retrospective ritual is a very old idea. It has served the human species well, as stories of hunts are retold around campfires and stories of child rearing are shared as baskets are woven. It has survived this long because it works. It is a fundamental vehicle to discover, share, and pass along the learning from experience (aka- wisdom).
A calender year's end brings the desire to honor & celebrate the old year, made up of many individual "moments" and larger important events ~ all "the stuff" of our lives. So in my rearview mirror of 2012, I see that I have accomplished many of my creativity goals - from small step daily practices to a few larger challenges. I also actively followed the advise of my word for the year which was "Attend"!
It is rewarding to realize that focus and commitment can yield results. For me this year has been one of creativity growth and I celebrate that as I now look ahead to continue the journey.

"A journey of 1000 miles must begin with a single step" ~ Lao Tzu

What do you see in your rearview mirror ?

No comments:

Post a Comment